We have posted some of the items which will be included in the 2019 Brett’s Run Silent Auction. Items are open for bidding before, during and even for a short time after the run. This list will grow as more items are added to the auction. To see the list, click on the menu item at the top of the page, titled: 2019 SILENT AUCTION ITEMS
9August 24th, 2019, at Legion Memorial Park, Everett Map Link
- 8:00 AM- Silent Auction will open and remain open during and after the run/walk.
- 8:00 AM- New registration and T-shirt pick-up
- 9:00 AM- Walk/Run begins
Registration Fee is $30.00 for Walk/Run – includes t-shirt Registrations received after August 12 and those who register at the event will get t-shirts on a first-come-first-serve basis. Kids 12 years old and under – Free for walk/run, $5.00 includes a T-shirt
The purpose of this non-competitive run/walk is four-fold:
- To keep Brett’s memory alive
- To emphasize health and fitness
- To raise money to continue the Brett Akio Jensen Memorial Scholarship Fund (in ten years, over $180,000 has been given to deserving Everett area students)
- To have fun and enjoy each other!
- Option 1- Register online and pay online with PayPal- Brett’s Run 10 Online Registration Once the form has been filled out and submitted, a confirmation page will pull up which includes a link to the PayPal form. You do not need to have a Paypal account to make your payment using our PayPal link. To pay without using a Paypal account, select “Donate with a Credit or Debit card.”
- Option 2- Register online and pay via mail. Fill out the online form and mail your registration fee to:
Brett Jensen Memorial Scholarship
3611 102nd Pl. S.E.
Everett, WA 98208
- Option 3– Register by sending registration and payment via mail- Download, print and fill out the registration form, then send it and the payment to the address listed on the form: Brett’s Run 10 Mail-In-Registration
- Option 4- Day-of-event registration: We will have late registration available at 8 AM. Anyone and everyone can participate.
Business Donors and Sponsors- Find out how to donate Business Sponsors
Brett’s Run Info
- August 24, 2019- Walk/Run starts at 9 AM T-shirt pick-up at 8 AM.
- American Legion Memorial Park, Everett, WA
- 3.5 mile run/walk down Grand Avenue
- Map of the course/route
- Brett’s Run is a wonderful way to remember him, have fun, and raise money to continue his scholarship
Brett’s Run is a 3.5-mile run/walk down Grand Avenue in Everett. Run/walk will begin at 9 AM, late registration opens at 8 AM. (Show up a little early and have some coffee, donuts and great conversation and check out the silent auction)
Brett’s Run is a wonderful way to remember him, have fun, and raise money to continue his scholarship. Registration is open to anyone who wishes to support the purpose and or philosophy* of this event.
*Philosophy: In order to honor the intent of this occasion, not to burden anyone, and keep the nature pure, this event will be kept simple so as to make it a meaningful experience for all who knew Brett and wish to participate in helping keep his memory alive.
Last week was scholarship week. Two more Brett Akio Jensen Memorial Scholarships totaling $15,000 were awarded through the Rotary Club of Everett and Cascade High School.
Both recipients, Joe Hofman and Lily Sullivan, will soon be graduates of Cascade High School. Like Brett, both of these outstanding students love their family, their friends, and life. We are proud to continue Brett’s legacy by furthering their education.
Joe is the recipient of the Everett Rotary-Brett Jensen Scholarship which combined, is $10,000. He is heading to Georgetown University to study pre-law and is also going to be on the diving team.
Lily Sullivan is the recipient of the $5000 Brett Akio Jensen Memorial Scholarship. She will be attending Western Washington University, and is planning on majoring in special education. She exemplifies Brett’s heart and compassion.
Also, if you wish to register for the Brett Jensen Memorial Walk and Run (August 24, 2019) click here: REGISTER – BRETT”S RUN 2019
Without your love and support, these scholarships would not be possible.
Brett Akio Jensen Foundation
Cascade High School senior Lily Sullivan is the recipient of the $5000 Brett Akio Jensen Memorial Scholarship. She will be attending Western Washington University in the all and she is planning on majoring in special education. She exemplifies Brett’s heart and compassion.
Remembering Brett Jensen August 28, 1982 – May 7, 2002 To laugh often and much. To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others. To leave the world a bit better. To Know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded -poetic license to RW. Emerson- Brett, you are loved and missed. Love, Mom, Dad, and Megan brettjensen.wordpress.com
Published in The Herald (Everett) on May 7, 2019: Link
The Cascade High School Holiday Food Drive is an amazing event! Students learn the value in giving and investing in their community, and in helping out those in need during the holidays. For many students, helping pull off this food drive is a favorite high school experience.
The Jensens make it even more special with their turkey donation each year, adding a turkey (18-20 lbs each) to the food donation for each family.
August 28, 1982 – May 7, 2002 Your friends, family, and community gathered to celebrate your birthday this past Saturday at your Memorial Walk/Run #9. It was a day filled with smiles, laughter, warm memories, and a few tears. You are missed, you are remembered, and you are loved. Love, Mom, Dad, and Megan
Here is the Brett’s Walk and Run 9 Poster, hot off the press! Check it out and pull up/download and/or print the full version here: Brett’s Walk and Run 9- 2018
We appreciate the support from our sponsors. A big thanks to Randy Hughes for making another great poster.
Remembering Brett Jensen August 28, 1982 – May 7, 2001 To our amazing Brett… You touched and impacted so many lives in your 19 years. We are forever changed because of you. You are always in our hearts. We send you our love on dragonfly wings Love, Mom, Dad, and Megan
It’s Your Birthday! Brett Akio Jensen August 28, 1982 – May 7, 2002 We continue to celebrate your life as you turn 35 years old. Friends, family, and community remembered you at your Memorial Walk and Run with music, laughter, memories, and sunshine. We love you and miss you, Mom, Dad, and Megan brettjensen.wordpress.com
Published in The Herald (Everett) on Aug. 28, 2017